Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Make a fuss, IT'S THE POETRY BUS MAG


'Butane Boy' by Colm Keegan.

(The magnificent FREE pull-out print inside every copy of issue one of The Poetry Bus Magazine)
And there are more equally wonderful illustrations by Susan Sanford, Ron Batteson, Scalder.

Poems by professors, grandmothers, scientists,students, atheists, christians, blacks, whites,prisoners, free people, men, women, everyone and anyone is welcome to enter this bus.Ticket price: a great poem.

The eagle has landed!!
First exclusive pictures of the poetry magazine they call 'Bus' A beast rarer, more magical, more beautiful, than the offspring of a phoenix mated to a unicorn. These are proof copies,for proof reading ,and also as physical proof of something wonderful to all the funding bodies that rejected us, who more or less said it wouldn't be done, or would be done very, very badly. Look up my HOLE, philistines, doubting, uncaring, un-enlightened, Thomases, you wouldn't know art or creativity if it bit you on your scabby subsidised arse.

And all praise, all thanks, to each and every one of you poets and artists out there, that DID believe, who donated their precious time, their precious works and words of art, freely(in every sense of the word!) and willingly.

Some people even donated money, a vote of hope of faith, and I can't thank them enough, for without them this magazine would not be.They saw rainbows, they saw bright light, where those holding puppet strings chose to only see failure and darkness. More fool them.
Believers lights shine in this dark world, and they (believe me) shine in this little magazine, by fuck they do!It is a gem.And that is no idle boast,and it's all thanks to the brilliance of the people involved, it is all your work on show, and it shines, IT SHINES!! Give yourselves a pat on the back and have a drink on me.

Thanks too to my long suffering wife Collette, who helped with hints and fair criticism, but mainly with unfailing patience and love.It's not easy living with a drunken arsehole, but she does it very well.

This is OTT, this is like an Oscar speech, but I don't give a feck,if you've been battered down all your life then suddenly given a golden trumpet by poets and artists and good people, ,you'd be a crass fool not to blow it.

And seriously if you can buy this mag then buy it.You won't get a better read for €5 anywhere in the world. If enough copiesof this first issue are sold I won't have to go cap in hand on my knees to the bursary givers to fund the second issue.Believe me I will if I have to, but I'd love to be afforded the dignity to tell them to shove it.

Proof copy will be returned to printers tomorrow with instructions to do the first print run.Magazines should be available to buy on Monday.Please do.

47 comments:

Niamh B said...

looks beautiful, thank you for doing this, and well done!!

Peter Goulding said...

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!! as deValera used to say.

AquaMarina said...

What a fantastic achievement, well done for holding tight, gritting your teeth and making the dream a reality :@)

Unknown said...

this is great! it looks amazing! it's a magazine! A MAGAZINE

Unknown said...

Bravo--good job!

Rachel Fox said...

Nothing wrong with an Oscar speech here and there.
Can't wait to see it.
x

Heather said...

It just goes to show what can be achieved if you believe in something - well done. It's so exciting. The mag looks good and I'll be back on Monday to buy a few copies.

Liz said...

Excellent, Peadar, take a bow and oscar-speech till your heart's content....you did it and bravo!
Cannot wait to get my hands on it...talking of such, how does the likes of me from overseas get said hands on a copy without having to involve banks....paypal maybe? And let me know the p&p sum...: )

Argent said...

Good man yerself! Can't wait to get my sticky paws on it!

Karen said...

Ohhhhhh!!! I'm on my knees! I see proof! Thank you for all of your hard work! I can't wait to have it in hand!

Titus said...

I actually am crying! It looks so magificent. TFE, you have something very big here of which to be very proud. AquaMarina is right - many dream, but few do turn things into reality. You have done it. Big it up for TFE!

Have resolved to buy a copy each for all of my class. As I want them to like me.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Tears?Thanks Titus, you can join me at the Oscars!.Is it true that there are 150 people in your class?

Totalfeckineejit said...

Thanks Nivby!

Totalfeckineejit said...

I thought that was Yosemite Sam , Pete?

Totalfeckineejit said...

Thanks Uisce Marina, it's going swimmingly!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Iknow Jessbury, a real live maglozine!Wait till ya read it!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Thanks John!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Ha, thanks Rachel!

Totalfeckineejit said...

See ya Monday Heather,thanks!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Thanks Liz, I will bombard the world with purchasing details, but PayPal is on thepoetrybus.blogspot.com.
I'll have to work out postages

Totalfeckineejit said...

Wipe yer paws Argent, tis coming soon!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Thanks Karen, not long now!

ArtSparker said...

Good on ya.

NanU said...

Oh oh oh! The poetry bus mag comes with wine? That's an even greater deal than I though it would be! And for just 5€! I'll be taking two, at least.
Gargantuan job, mistereejitsir!

Colm Keegan said...

TFE, you're a fucking inspiration! I'm buying three right now. Congrats and thanks.

Padhraig Nolan said...

Ooooooooeeeeeeeaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyaaaaaaahoooooooooooo! Gwan Peadar, it looks great! Can't wait to get me hands on one! Well done all.

swiss said...

at last! it's a different thing to make something like that. can't wait to see it. me and t will wet the magazine's head as soon as i get a day off. well done!

Domestic Oub said...

Great stuff TFE!!! Cannot wait to get my paws on a copy :)

Kat Mortensen said...

Can't stay long (I've got loads to do and shouldn't even be online), but I just had to say, Well done Peadar and thanks so much for all your hard work. She looks mahvellous and I can't wait to get my copy (which I will order within the next week).

Way to go!

Kato

Kat Mortensen said...

P.S. Your header photo is GORGEOUS!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Can't wait to receive mine and Dominic's copies - you can send both here to me and I will pass it on. Isn't it exciting.

Hope today's bank bail-out has nothing to do with the Poetry Bus mag!!!

Dr. Jeanne Iris said...

Alleluia!

Beautiful work, oh Fearless Leader!
And thank you, too, to Collette.

xoxo

Titus said...

Dear TFE,
If the Watercats don't wake up in time, I nominate Peter Goulding to drive the Bus this week, for he is evil and has Niamh's clap.

NanU said...

what about this week's bus? is it fallen in a ditch?

Totalfeckineejit said...

Good back atcher Sparkler.You shine!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Yes wine NanU, gallons of it.That's the good news.The bad news is, I've drunk it all! Hic!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Uiscebot I am a perspiration.Sweating, till it's all done!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Well done all indeed PJ!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Thanks Swiss,tis a bit surreal and yet contrarily the truly surprising thing would have been if we never made a mag!?

Totalfeckineejit said...

Wipe yer paws D'Oub, tis a glossy cover!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Thanks Kato, on both counts.And may god bless ye in your new home!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Not sure about the bank bail out Weaver, but rumours of the Poetry Bus's imminent arrival has the world poetry markets all of a flutter.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Thank you mighty Prof Jeanne Lakatos, from me and Mrs Eejit!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Titus! You gossip monger!I can only ask for volunteers at present, pressganging for emergencies only! :)
Although, has Pete driven yet??

Totalfeckineejit said...

Don't worry Nancy U, the bus always turns up.It may be late, but it will never break down entirely!

Pure Fiction said...

Incredibly excited now!!! It really looks brilliant Peadar - big congrats to you and Mrs Peadar. Will be making everyone I know buy a copy, so that's three sold straight away ;)

Totalfeckineejit said...

You know THREE people!! I don't even know myself!