Monday, March 1, 2010

POETRY BUS DE-BRIEFING

Posted by Picasa
Well , that was a smorgesbord of death and delight! People eaten by cows, scattered among the dirt or lifted high in a soapy bubble and every possible imagining in-between. Thanks a million for all your poems, they were as varied as they were wonderful .The best/ most response ever I think.I used the word 'interesting' and 'different' a lot in the comments.Perhaps this is because we were dealing with the unknown , an ethereal intangible journey, one that can only be guessed at yet one that every single one of us must face.


Sometimes I think, well there's feck all you can do about it, so forget it. Other times I think it's the most enormous elephant sitting in the room and we really should look at it.

I didn't come up with a poem as I had to drive this week. Richard Nixon was booked and paid but didn't show (Busgate?) so instead here is an apposite song by Johnny Flynn. Pip pip!

11 comments:

Titus said...

It was, indeed, a magical, mystery tour this week.
Great driving.

Niamh B said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zNdMc6wGtU

thought of this song too - with the theme - brilliant prompt

Rachel Fox said...

I don't know that singer at all. Really enjoyed the song though.
Cheers.

And it was a good week. Some very powerful ideas and poems you set in motion. Very exciting! Give yourself a huge pat on the back (or something).

x

Batteson.Ind said...

feckin hell!.. that lad is brilliant!.. is he another thing we have failed to notice?.... damn the world and everything they know!... (the johnny fella I mean!)
cheers for a great challenge this week mr eejit, it was a strange and marvellous trip... :-D

Heather said...

Sorry I missed the bus TFE - it was Life that swept in and carried me off and fortunately not Death. Could it also have been that I subconsciously opted out of such a big and challenging subject?! I love the stained glass image on this post.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Mucho Maith agut, Titus!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Talkin heads Heaven in Bars, mines a pint. Thagxzs Niv.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Took that Pat off me back Foxo, he was too heavy.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Thanks UisceKateenz, think the kid is good ? Wait till ye see the Reverend Peyton!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Heather, I forgive you and sure there's a bus every week!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Thanks Frank!