Sunday, September 20, 2009

Monday follows Sunday


like Night follows day and have ye yer pomes ready/ Well? Wrote mine today( used to copy my homework from Mark on the bus) skooldaze the best days of your life if they're right they must be wrong.Calculus arythmatic biological cleansing physics the rules of the dominant the fitter class the parameters set to suit please stay awake at the back your drinking days are ahead of you product of your upbringing you soft melted clay see how we mould you into a broken pot fire you in the highest temperatures where even the golden lotus may for sure be planted but watch it wither watch it die far from your back door the perception of your reality a mist in yours lost in their eyes this programme does not compute lungs lunge out of synch with heart all the pips in the grapes are gone spat out onto barren soil seedless progress redress the balance bring all to mind the years gone by seem waste of breath a waste of breath the years to come dead heroes know no freedom the pain increased by each year away from the heart of belonging a knife would pluck it out the splinters hard to tell from the planks so why try to tell change the gear root and branch reform the right to say no the right to deny the questions put so far out of place interplanetary travel the loss of reason horizons shine the meltdown the final kick the ballroom of last chance romance is dead lose it once lost it twice the same old mistakes Russian roulette lost the retail space to french baguette no regrets my friends the freedom train leaves from platform 9 midnite rendezvous be there.

22 comments:

Heather said...

I am out of breath after reading your post TFE, good job I'm ready for tomorrow. See you then. Hope you have had some of the lovely sunny weather we've had this week.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Well done Heather, glad to hear that.Looking forward to reading yours tomorrow, see you then, Pip pip!

Dominic Rivron said...

Post ready and waiting. I'll be posting it in the morning unless the dog starts barking in the night and wakes me up again!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Good man ,Dominic, hope the dog gives you a quiet night, ours has barked only once in the (almost) 6 months we've had her, suits me fine.Wish other inhabitants and visitors to the Castle were as considerate!

Dr. Jeanne Iris said...

Tomorrow's bustle begins at the break of dawn for me (That would be around noonish in Dublin), soooo I've posted it a mere 36 minutes before your midnight into Monday.

Ciao!

Karen said...

Love the title and the oh so many details in this one! My poem's up and running!

Rachel Fox said...

Done and posted. I'm not usually this obedient.
x

Niamh B said...

right so, mine is up now. Looking forward to yours,

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh yes, the stuff that happened on buses! lol! Schooldays eh? Having taught for 25 years I wonder what impression I had on my pupils? Better not dwell! Poor souls!

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

TFE- mine is up on my site. Good fun had by all

The Weaver of Grass said...

Sorry - missed platform 9 at midnight - will there be another chance?
Song lyrics posted at 9.09.
Love that heart on your bookshelf!
Glad to see you are an Ian McEwan fan too.

NanU said...

there you are, misterEejitSir.
Not my best work, I'm afraid, but it's hard to be best every day.

Batteson.Ind said...

That was a mighty up-chucking of guts upon the virtual page there EEjit!.. Makes you wonder why we bother with puntcuation.. It read perfectly... Managed to participate this week on the Monday thang... yay! :-D

Totalfeckineejit said...

Ciao Jeanne!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Well done Karen!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Thanks Rachel!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Nice one Niamh!

Totalfeckineejit said...

And what impression did the little feckers leave on you,Mrs Nesbit? Can you sleep at night? :)

Totalfeckineejit said...

Feed the Pixies, now!

Totalfeckineejit said...

It isn't easy, NanU,I just make it look easy ;)

Totalfeckineejit said...

Punktuation Waterkatz ,I have mixed feelings...and abilities!

Totalfeckineejit said...

McEwan ,one of the few authors I have read and one of the VERY few I like! You too?