Friday, January 9, 2009


The Theory of Iconic Realism: Understanding the Arts through Cultural Context by yours truly (Jeanne I. Lakatos) Contribution to Scholarship: This study of iconic realism examines semiotic theory and iconic structures within the arts. Publisher: The Edwin Mellen Press ISBN: 978-0-7734-4870-4 Cost: $99.95/£64.95 132pp 2009 If you would like a discount copy, please send me a postal address, so I can send you the order form. The discount copy is $39.95. (I don't know to what that would convert in euros or pounds.) There will be a $10.00 shipping fee/$15.00 to UK and Europe....sorry! Discount expires: 1/2010 From the Foreword:"...Offers an innovative way of thinking about meaning-making both in the creation and interpretation of works of art." ~ Karen K. Jambeck, Ph.D. From a Peer Review: "...A comprehensive theoretical presentation connecting art forms to cultural meanings." ~ Professor Marjorie Salem, W.C.S.U. *To all frequenters, I have a date for my book launch, specifically Tuesday February 3rd, at about 630pm in Dubray bookshop on Grafton St, Dublin. You are invited.

No comments: