Saturday, October 2, 2010

POETRY BUS On Road To Nowhere !!

Shock!Horror! Probe!
The Bus has NO driver this week. The engine's running but the seat is empty.So this is a rare opprtunity for anarchy, mischief and mayhem. Go wild, go mad, write like crazy
Do whatever you like ! Have a week off even, if you like, like Rachel Fox,
or write about anything at all, as suggested by Weaver,
or write about happiness as suggested by NanU.
Emerging writer says we should write about the Poetry Bus.

The lights are on but there's no-one home, we are one busman short of a picnic. Nan U will probably host so, I'll let ye know, the main thing is just write a poem, or have a week(end) off.

Take your choice and go for it! Look on this as an opportunity to go over a cliff in 25 tons of red metal. Wear strong underpants people. It's gonna be a bumpy ride but just as a captain must go down with his ship, so an Eejit must go OTT with his bus, we are rudderless but we are not lost!

Avast,onwards! Arr! We are on the road to nowhere, come on and write!

8 comments:

Jinksy said...

A road to nowhere must lead somewhere in spite of itself! :) Can't wait to see the end of the line...

(W.V. says "pubnital"...perhaps we're heading to the pub? LOL! )

Argent said...

Tis the Marie Celeste of buses!

Doctor FTSE said...

I love your title picture! King Canute washed away already? Or did he just go home, a broken and beaten monarch as the waves lapped round his little leggies?

The Weaver of Grass said...

My goodness me you're a strong leader Eej - leading your poetic troops from the front.

Karen said...

If I had known, I'd have volunteered to drive! Next time, maybe! As soon as I know my schedule, I'll let you know if I can take the wheel in November. I'm ready to drive again!

The Bug said...

My bus ticket is ready to be posted! If you need me to host it I can (I think). But if NanU is doing it that's fine too!

NanU said...

Seat filled, underpants on, and here we go! rendez-vous at http://sciencegirltraveler.blogspot.com for a bit of happybus.

Doctor FTSE said...

Hacked out a Bus poem before NanU's prompt appeared. My take on TFE's alternative prompt is HERE
If you ask me to give up my seat I will quite understand . . .