Wednesday, February 4, 2009

REVIVAL NEW ISSUE


Just got the latest edition of Revival the poetry journal of The White House Poets down in Limerick.Haven't read it yet but I like the new size(Taller and narrower)overall much better quality and the nicest front cover so far. I like Revival , it seems to do it's own thing without pretension and caters for the good the bad and the ugly meself included (issues 3, 6, and 8.) They go from strength to strength down in Limero , good luck to them.We would love to go to one of their wednesday night sessions sometime, but in all honesty sure we never really leave the castle demesne here at the peoples republo as we only have enough petro to get to the end of the drive and back again unless I'm doin deliveries on the Honda 50 but the Limero or Dubbo or anywhere is a long way 2 up on d'auld yoke.

6 comments:

Group 8 said...

They are not answering my submission. They are becoming like Poetry Ireland. I've had 3 rejections and 1 acceptance this week from other places. Why do some mags NEVER answer?!?!?!?!?

Totalfeckineejit said...

That's surprising and disappointing WRW, I wonder what happened to your submission? I've always had replies and pretty prompt too from Revival.It's a terrible frustration when a magazine does not reply, or takes 6months or even longer.Must post-up my league table as promised.Where was the accepto? (well done)

Group 8 said...

The accepto was for the first issue of a new print poetry/illustration mag called Popshot.
http://www.popshotpopshot.com/popshot.html
I can't wait to see it. They took one of my sexy poems that no one else will touch. Score!

Don't know what happened with Revival...I don't mind, I just want to know if my stuff is 'free' again, to send elsewhere.

Unknown said...

Acceptance good, rejection, heh, WRW...

Revival looks pretty good, TFE, glad to see you supporting & reading. They've grown rapidly since they started publishing it.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Hey WRW I really like the sound of that new mag, I'm a sucker for anything that's a bit different so I ordered a copy. I haven't any real money but the beauty of d'internet is dey take virtual stamp.Always good to have the first issue o sumptin too.Cool also ta think someone is creatin a bit o artwerk fer yer poem.Congrats:)

Hey B,Yeh I likes Revivo, seen yerself in there,be da way wish I wasn't feeling too grand the stamps would come in real handy-once they'd been washed that is!

Liz said...

TFE, nice to know about Revival...must check it out.

Nuala, congrats on the acceptance -Popshot sounds good - the combo of illustration and poetry is always way cool. Talking of such, just got Marks...enjoyed your work there.

Another aside,(sorry TFE) have a Poetry Ireland package ready to submit and the 6 month wait ahead brings me into the depth of August and the holliers...ages and ages away...