Tuesday, December 30, 2008

BLACK TUESDAY

Before I begin may I just say , AAAAARRRGGHHH, F***k, B******s, P**s and S***e and AAAAAARRRGGGHHH! Two years of photographs have been lost from my computer.Most of everything I have ever had published is gone and perhaps even more devastatingly every photo I would be hoping to submit/exhibit over the next year or so has gone.I have been locked in a war of attrition with my aged Dell for many years but I think this may be it's decisive killer blow.My only hope now is computer repair man Brendan who will come and have a look next week sometime.Till then I am in bits, although I don't think the enormity of the reality has sunk in yet.Okay nobody has died and it isn't the end of the world but when I think of all the places I've been and all the hours I've spent and all the hope ,excitement and expectation I had built into those pictures,AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!! Again my pics were never going to set the world alight but I had just begun to find my own niche and that meant an awful lot to me. I think I'm gonna go for a walk, I think I may be some time.No not that long! I'm a great advocate of St Jude so all may not be lost but i'm kinda hoping there's going to be a new canonisation next week, come on St Brendan!

8 comments:

Liz said...

TFE, oh no! Big commiserations from me here - hopefully all will not be lost - these computer guys can salvage almost anything, I bet Brendan saves the day ...sure hope so!
This has been advanced warning to myself, I've been putting up with bird-noises and what-have-you noises from my laptop lately...must investigate backups...

Colm Liddy said...

Oh Ozy!
Similiar crashes happened me in Feb. The computer boys in MCS, Limerick retrieved my data though. I hope you'll likewise be resurrected. And then buy an external harddrive and never never never again...

Totalfeckineejit said...

Yes Liz (and everyone) please be sure and learn from my mistake get an external hardrive or sumptin NOW and copy to cd too.Belt and braces,bits of string and elastic bands, the full lash!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Hey Doc, how are ye? it's a weird one this coz loads of the pics are still there but loads are missing too.I saw a 400gig xternal HD for about €100 in a pc world sale.Thats definitely the way to go.Listen have a great New year ang get yer blog up and running it's real easy-even I managed it and I'm sure it would help promote your book.

Dominic Rivron said...

Argh! The horror story we all dread. In the back our minds we all know that keeping things as dormant strings of "1"a and "0"s is a bit of a gamble... Hope you stuff can be salvaged!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Hey Dominic,'Dormant strings of 1's and o's!' It's even more scary when you put it like that,mind you I don't understand the least bit of it all ,I'm a confirmed Luddite and it's all hocus pocus and double Dutch to me! I still don't even know how the whole cast of Eastenders get into our telly.

Group 8 said...

Ooh, hope you get that sorted, Total. It's awful.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Thanks N. Repairman didn't turn up today, still in Limbo. :(