Sunday, February 21, 2010

MULE TRAIN!! NO, not Mule Train..POETRY BUS!!!!


Yeeehaw and yippidy doo! That old multi -wheeled red thing 'The Poetry Bus 'is hitting the virtual planet again.
Can't believe I got that wrong in the title, I've always confused Mule Train with Blue Moon (I saw you standing alone) but now this!

Anyways elsewhere in Blogsville mucho thanks ye to the anonymous hombre/hombrette who nominated me for an Irish blog award, and even though I thoroughly deserve it, I still gratefully thank them muchio.

And if you ,yes YOU! are here to judge my blog, take my word for it, it's feckin great and I really should win. It's the 'greatest blog in the world' says so on the tin. Also if there is any prize money I will share it with you ,Ok? Done deal dude/dudette.

Poetry Bus the magazine travels apace, quotes for printing have been made,funding has been sought, poems are being chosen (under the watchful eye, he's only got one, of Kosmo Spreadsheet) and even the cover has been designed.It's all systems go for what will ultimately be the second best poetry mag in the world! Watch out for the poetry bus mag blog starting soon on a planet near you. And there will be BADGES! FREE BADGES!! Yes, BADGES, for readers of ,and contributors to, the magazine.
A world class literary magazine with BADGES and whoopppe cushions!? This is like Whizzer and Chips or The Dandy, but with groundbreaking poetry and AK 47's. (Ok forget the guns and the whoopee cushions) But
Fantasticool n'est ce pas, my little poetry pachyderms? (I am the walrus you am the elephants)
As for this weeks poetry express driven by the Brazillian Bard of the steering wheel , Ayrton Senna, people are already hoppin aboard......

Lookedy , it's
Jeanne (say a litte prayer for me) Lakatos....here


(Peepin') Poetikat


(Wild West) Watercats


(Hide it away) Heather


(Poetry as a weapon) Pure Fiction


(Dangerous) Domestic Oubliette... Crumbs!
(

Knocked down ) NanU


(Chooses Organic) Crazy Field Mouse


(Aching) Argent



TotalFeckinEEjit


Piss poor.

In my pockets nothing but fuckin holes
Streams of lucre
Filthy shining trailing a wake
Pissed up a wall
Every Friday night
And every other
A clockwork mouse on a track
Pints and vats and glasses and bottles
The river more travelled flowed
Through me, wore me out,
Washed me up, sank me down
Drowned drunk by afternoon
For 6 days 10 months and 20 years
And counting , counting , counting.

37 comments:

Dr. Jeanne Iris said...

Okay, put that bus in reverse and pick up the HUN!

Had my first entry up since last Thursday, TFE, for I've been very sick these past few days:
revolutionaryrevelry.blogspot.com

Put up another one tonight on my other blog:
iconicrealism.blogspot.com

Titus said...

Badgers! With every copy? Unique marketing idea.

As you have already deduced, mine's up, even though I was running to stand still this week.

I loved Senna.

Kat Mortensen said...

Such as it is (sans acrostic, sans handbag) I give you my poem at "Keepsakes". (Did I mention I'm menopausal? We have serious memory issues.)

Kat

Niamh B said...

and where is your own poetry bus poem Mr? Or are you too busy with stuff and things... sounds like good progress is being made

Batteson.Ind said...

congrats on the nomination! You have to win... it's a given... anyone who doesn't think you deserve best blog is a twat of the highest order!...

Brown envelopes are always a good idea.. sure Ireland was built on them.. literly like! *insert cork accent.. for some reason.

Batteson.Ind said...

righto.. I'm on de wagon... or .. I am a wagon!... or.. well, you get the idea!

Heather said...

Not sure I like being the elephant - you've noticed I've put on weight this winter?! Just running to catch the bus - I should just about make it.

Pure Fiction said...

I'd like to hop on too, please. Congrats on the Blog Awards nomination, btw - Long live The Lost Republic of EEjit

Domestic Oub said...

http://domesticoubliette.blogspot.com/2010/02/monday-poem.html

On we hop.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Phew! Was that bus going fast eej - could you find a more stately driver for next week
just thought - was the senna pod named after him by any chance?

NanU said...

There you have it, Sir! Freshly laid. Still steaming.

http://sciencegirltraveler.blogspot.com/2010/02/beware-big-red-mulebus.html

Anonymous said...

Huge momentary nostalgia trip, I used to get Whizzer and Chips when I was a child, thanks for the moment:-)
Loved reading all the valentine contributions. Strangely finding this place has made writing feel like a collaborative enterprise.
contribution here:
http://crazyfieldmouse.wordpress.com/2010/02/21/in-my-pocket/

thanks to everyone for sharing
crazy field mouse

Dr. Jeanne Iris said...

Thank you for remembering me, TFE. I appreciate it. Had a rough weekend, and now we're to get even more snow this week. Hopefully, the earth's orbit will work in our favor here. There's a topic for ya: orbits.

Made some blog changes and poetry switcheroos... hope it's not too confusing.

Good to hear that you are making headway with the poetry magazine. I'm sure those chosen poems will be wonderful, for this bus has some quality contributors. Looking forward to reading it.

Argent said...

... and your pome was da business as always! I love the repeated idea of rivers and streams and the money flowing away.

Niamh B said...

ok, now i see the poem, was I just blind before? I love it. Love the title, the various vessels, the counting of time, I think it's my favourite of yours Mr.

Karen said...

This "wow's" for your poem - "the river more travelled" - powerful.

Karen said...

I want to say thanks, too, for creating this community. Thanks for running the bus.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Bus reversed and turbo charged Ayrton hand brake turned it and did a few donuts cos I was hungry.
Hope you ams better and no longer an ill, JIL.

Pure Fiction said...

This is a great poem TFE -
The river more travelled flowed through me, wore me out,
washed me up - Great lines. I love the length too - it's a feat to get so much into such a short poem.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Yes Titus, Badgers, live ones, in the post, no one else has a possible rabies spreading give- away.

Senna am the best!

Totalfeckineejit said...

BUt Kat, you look far too young to be manypawsall.
I also have memory issues,I think, can't really remember.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Stuff asnd things coming out of my ears, Nivby.And I was thinking (in me scratcher) that I should really enter into me own poetry assignments and the ye mentioned it and so I wrote da yoke and am'n I the great little gossoon altogether?

Totalfeckineejit said...

Uiscekateens you am the truth!

Totalfeckineejit said...

I like elephants Heather, they don't run but walk really fast and have big ears. They'll be getting Noddy next.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Thank s ye, PF, 'Long love the pissed rpublic house of EEjo!'

I couldn't have put it better myself, as I've just proved.

Totalfeckineejit said...

On we hop, hop till we drop, D'Oub.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Hello Weaver, who shall we have?
I know! Sid the Sloth, he's even slower than my computer and his little feet can't reach the acelerator so he has to climb down to press it and then back to steer and then back down to brake and back up to indicate and then back down to depress the clutch(Clutch you are worthless and ugly and have oinly 3 weeks to live)and then back up again to give the middle digit to an overly aggressive Land Rover Discovery driver.It'll take ages....

Totalfeckineejit said...

Wooah! NanU, I was expecting excrement but I found excellent.Phew!

Totalfeckineejit said...

CFM, Whizzer and Chips, wasn't it deadly? Do you still have a copy?
Feel the collaboration! We've left the sinking ship to get on the floating bus, floating on the ethereal superhighwayyyyyyyy!

Totalfeckineejit said...

How could we forget you , Prof?

Totalfeckineejit said...

Tanks ye kindly Limerick Argo!

Totalfeckineejit said...

You wasn't blind Nivby, for the thing that you see now before your very eyes was not there before, I made it and put it there, like a loaf of bread to be shared by astronauts.No, I don't know what I mean either, but glad ye liked it.

Batteson.Ind said...

That's quite a deep little poem there.. really like the dark imagery.. I think you've captured a moment we've all experienced in one way or another. personally, I could do with a winning lottery ticket.. I'll share it with you.. when i get the big one! :-)

Karen said...

He loves me not! My comments he has got in his blogging teeth!

I've left you two comments! Okay. Waiting for the next bus.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Thanks Waterkateens! What's my share of the spoils? Fity-fifty ?

Totalfeckineejit said...

Mea Culpa Karen, muchio apologos!And thanks for your support.(It fits beautifully)

Kat Mortensen said...

Peadar, I found your poem really sad. (I mean that in the, "it nearly made me cry" sort of way.)