Friday, January 2, 2009

JOURNAL SPACE WIPED OUT

I occasionally look at Ailbhe Darcy's blog,' glumphoboo ' over on journal space but I noticed today that it has vanished, gone , along presumably with every other blog set up there. Iwonder could that happen here? Have we any way of backing up our blogs, some of them are years old with hundreds of posts.This doesn't help my psyche as I sit and sweat, waiting for emergency invasive surgery deep into the bowels of my Dell. (Has anyone noticed that dell is only one letter away from hell? )Apparently everything they had on journalspace was lost ,not because of hard drive failure but overwriting .Not sure exactly what that means in this instance,or how it could happen.

4 comments:

Ailbhe said...

It's 'orrible isn't it?! I have to admit I got a bit tearful when I found out. If you figure out how to back everything up, do it! I managed to salvage a few things using google cache and I'll probably continue blathering here: http://ailbhe-darcy.livejournal.com/

But I have to admit I'm not feeling very motivated to blog after that!

Ailbhe

Liz said...

TFE, hadn't thought of the possibilities of a total wipe-out before...and the cause 'overwriting'? If it weren't so awful it would be funny...hope Blogger is more writing-proof!

Keeping all crossed and dotted for a full recovery for your Mac.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Hey Ailbhe, welcome.Thanks for dropping by.That was terrible for you, losing yer blog.I'm still waiting for Brendan to have ago at salvaging 2or3 thousand photos for me.I understand that it would be hard to start again,I don't know wot I'll do if me pics is lost forever.Hope all else is well in Amerikay.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Hey Liz ,How's the head?you're still alive after da beach party!I know wot ye mean,the irony of 'overwriting'-so cruel. I hope blogger is more durable or maybe we should go back to writing diaries with little pencils and passing them around via homing pigeons!