Friday, May 11, 2012

RACHEL FOX'S POETRY MOPED!


How soon is now.

I’m hearing mellow but I’m not feeling it
Yet
And then ? Well then.
So I listen
to now put then away,
another broken piece of yourself.
How much is left,
when every tiny victory in a hill of defeat
Is phyrrhic?
Poets are cracked pots broken in translation.
Now sun streams in the window
as sense goes out.
Pieces of a man.
Pieces of eight.
Put creation in the drawer.
Lock away vulnerability.
Shelter kindness.
Ambition has walked in the door.


I listened to Gil Scott Heron's song on Rachel's blog and wrote this at the same time. Great to be back in the saddle! Well done Rachel!
 
Take a look here and join in! HERE

6 comments:

Karen said...

Love the flow of this and the language.

Rachel Fox said...

Bless you!

Room on the moped for more...
x

Totalfeckineejit said...

Thanks Karen! I think it might be a keeper!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Let's hope you get loads of passengers on the magic moped!

Heather said...

Sounds very you and nicely positive, if I have read it right.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Thanks Heather,everyboy always reads a poem right. There is no wrong in my opinion!